Latest news on updates for Saints Row
Hey Saints, thank you for your immense support for the global launch of Saints Row – it’s been amazing to see so many of you finally playing the game and sharing your experiences with us whether chatting, streaming, posting screenshots, and more! We’ve been reading all your comments and feedback and aware of the issues some players have experienced, as well as suggestions for future content.
We’re already working on a series of updates for all platforms which we’ll submit and release over the coming days and weeks. These may roll out at different times on different platforms because of the different submission processes. It can also sometimes take a little time to test, verify, fix and test again before releasing new updates!
Check back here or the usual community channels for rolling updates and patch notes. Stay tuned too, for an update on Saints Row’s post-launch roadmap of content in the near future.
As ever, if you wish to give direct feedback or are encountering any issues please visit our support page. Please share as much info as you can so we can make Santo Ileso even better!
-The Saints Row Team
What we're working on...
3. Hotfix #2 - September
Hotfix #2 has now been deployed for Epic Games & PlayStation, Xbox and Stadia are in the approval process with the platforms and we will update you when they are available.
- Epic Games: 184.108.40.20692638
PS4 : 220.127.116.1192741
Xbox One: 18.104.22.16892638
Xbox Series X|S: 22.214.171.12492638
We will update this section when the Hotfix is available for Stadia
Fixes and changes:
- Fixed an issue where the host could crash in the Casino instance of the Mayhem Criminal Venture.
- Fixed a case where the APC sometimes failed to advance during the objective “Protect the APC” in the mission “First F@cking Day”.
- Fixed an issue where the client may become unresponsive when progressing through the Mercado instance of the Jim Rob’s Criminal Venture.
- Fixed an unresponsive state that could occur when dismissing a second game invitation attempt.
- Fixed an instance where the client could lose functionality when performing a flaming punch while the mission is being restarted in the Dojo Criminal Venture.
- Fixed a case where enemy NPCs could sometimes fall through the map preventing the threat from being completed in the Monte Vista district. Sneaky move on their part but it is no more!
- Fixed the dialogue not triggering that prevented progression during the objective “Talk to Kev” in the mission Fast and the Foodiest. Not being ignored by Kev – life goals.
- Fixed an instance where the Nahualli could become trapped behind the wall of the HQ after the mission Corporate Retreat.
- Fixed a case where the player could not progress during the objective “Let Grandma Handle This” in the Wanted mission Millennial.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the objective “Defend the Castle from Phoenix” in the mission “Unto the Breach”.
- Fixed a crash that could happen while opening the full screen map after an extended gameplay session.
- Fixed a crash when driving to the start point in the mission Unto the Breach.
- Fixed cases of infinite loading screens that could occur within missions, side hustles, and criminal venture activities.
- Fixed an issue with the police spawning outside the mission area in Drawing Heat. The heat will indeed be drawn now.
- Adjusted the spawn point where enemies appear on the overpass instead of where you are during the objective “Take Out the Cops” in the mission “Drawing Heat”.
- Fixed a partial loss of functionality when pressing the Back button multiple times in the style customization menu.
- Fixed instances of unresponsive controls that could occur with player navigation and melee.
- Fixed instances of NPCs not spawning correctly during some missions.
- Addressed performance issues that could occur after hours of extended gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where some of the Marshall attackers were unable to exit vehicles during the mission “Take Me to Church”.
- Adjusted the APC health total in “First F@cking Day” to be more forgiving.
- Fixed NPC vehicles incorrectly despawning during the objective “Defend Hank & Claude” in the mission “Donut Run”.
- Fixed partial loss of functionality with community sharing when applying a boss and backing out of the apply menu at the same time.
- Fixed partial loss of functionality when jumping at or trying to climb unclimbable walls.
- Fixed the Playlist App not working when unlocked in the first session of gameplay.
- Fixed camera behaviour when attempting to vehicle surf during the objective “Go to Silver Gulch” in the mission “High Noon”.
- Lessened the frequency of the player getting staggered by doors when exiting vehicles. Your vehicle is now a friend rather than foe.
- Fixed a rare case where reloading animations prevented the player from using equipped weapons.
For a guide to co-op – visit this page!
We have more updates and fixes planned and we will have more news to share on that in the next few weeks. In the meantime, if you spot anything please report it through the channels on the support page.
2. Hotfix #1
This week: Hotfix #1 will be submitted and deployed across multiple platforms in the coming days and will address camera issues, animation bugs, PC Launch issues and crashes. These need to go through approval for each platform so may be staggered releases on each, but they are coming for all!
Xbox: TBC - keep checking for updates
Download Size: Approx. 5GB
Hotfix #1 is here for Epic Games and PlayStation – Xbox is in the approval process and will be released as soon as possible, but the fixes will be the same as below.
- Stops issues when launching via Epic on DX12
- Fixes a crash when the player uses the Star Launcher after customizing it.
- Fixes default camera sensitivity being too high
- Fixes vehicle hijacking animation issues, you will now sit in your new stolen vehicle, not stand next to it
- Localization & font issues as well as cut off text on Epic – because reading is what? Fundamental
- PS5 Adaptive triggers – we have made the decision to disable these whilst we fix the inverted axis issue when toggling “resistance”, we fully intend to get this back in, stay tuned for updates on it.
- Fixed instances where Riding Shotgun was entirely too difficult on Sensei difficulty.
We are working hard on Hotfix #2 and we will get it out to you as soon as possible, stay tuned.
1. Thursday August 25th: Epic update released world-wide.
World Wide: 126.96.36.19976604
- fixed a crash related to using the Idol´s Star launcher grenade launcher.
- modified the Game launcher to be more reasonable with the needed permissions response time, and added extended log functionality. We are keeping an eye on this issue, and aim to apply further fixes to resolve this completely.
- Fixed a Localisation issue, that caused the game launcher to display corrupted symbols for certain languages.
Latest Patches and Notes
We will continue to update this page as we go with the latest patch notes and hotfixes!
In the meantime – if you do see an issue with your game, it is important that you report it through our support page so we can log, test and investigate bugs.
See you in Santo Ileso – keep it strange!