Community

 
Post Reply
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next
Special Operations DLC Pack! [Frontpage]
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 11:15AM #41
TheFitnessGuru3
Posts: 1,615

Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:07AM, ToxicRaven wrote:

IMO, disk locked content isn't true DLC. The original concept of DLC was to add additional content to extend the life of the game. There is no real reason, other than greed, that the content that is already on the disk couldn't have been included in the full game. It was ready at the time of the games release.


THQ is doing the worst thing possible with the concept of DLC. They are starting with a complete game and removing parts to sell back to us later.



I understand what you're saying, and I respect it. As I said, though, that is a whole other conversation and I don't want to argue with your point, particularly since even though I disagree with you and others who believe ALL content locked on the disc should be available for free, it is a position that I absolutely respect and understand.


However, the point that I am making, which I think you might be missing, is this: Even though I am not categorically opposed to "Disc Locked Content," even I am finding it impossible to support the way that THQ has handled the DLC for SR3. Let me state this another way: EVEN if you and I could agree that "Disc Locked Content" is not automatically bad (which I get we probably never would) we could both agree that the DLC structure of SR3, so far, is pretty poor, again, even factoring out the whole argument about "Disc Locked Content" being inherently wrong.


Because when you sell mission packs that are way too expensive for...like three missions and a couple of vehicles each; you release customizing or weapon packs that are so paltry as to boggle the mind that you are charging for them in the first place; and all of this culminates with an offering of THREE vehicles already in the regular game for free that you charge $3.00 for nothing but a purple paint job...well, let's just say, CONGRATULATIONS, because you now lost the support of people like me who, as I said, do not have an automatic problem with "Disc Locked Content."


See my point now? :)

0 (0 Ratings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 11:54AM #42
ToxicRaven
Posts: 45

Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:15AM, TheFitnessGuru3 wrote:


Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:07AM, ToxicRaven wrote:

IMO, disk locked content isn't true DLC. The original concept of DLC was to add additional content to extend the life of the game. There is no real reason, other than greed, that the content that is already on the disk couldn't have been included in the full game. It was ready at the time of the games release.


THQ is doing the worst thing possible with the concept of DLC. They are starting with a complete game and removing parts to sell back to us later.



I understand what you're saying, and I respect it. As I said, though, that is a whole other conversation and I don't want to argue with your point, particularly since even though I disagree with you and others who believe ALL content locked on the disc should be available for free, it is a position that I absolutely respect and understand.


However, the point that I am making, which I think you might be missing, is this: Even though I am not categorically opposed to "Disc Locked Content," even I am finding it impossible to support the way that THQ has handled the DLC for SR3. Let me state this another way: EVEN if you and I could agree that "Disc Locked Content" is not automatically bad (which I get we probably never would) we could both agree that the DLC structure of SR3, so far, is pretty poor, again, even factoring out the whole argument about "Disc Locked Content" being inherently wrong.


Because when you sell mission packs that are way too expensive for...like three missions and a couple of vehicles each; you release customizing or weapon packs that are so paltry as to boggle the mind that you are charging for them in the first place; and all of this culminates with an offering of THREE vehicles already in the regular game for free that you charge $3.00 for nothing but a purple paint job...well, let's just say, CONGRATULATIONS, because you now lost the support of people like me who, as I said, do not have an automatic problem with "Disc Locked Content."


See my point now? :)





I get your point and I actually Added to it at the end of my previous post. ;)

0 (0 Ratings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 3:28AM #43
ToxicRaven
Posts: 45

Apr 10, 2012 -- 1:57PM, V-Singular wrote:


The price is supposed to be $2.99/240 MS Points. My mistake and I've edited to reflect the changes.




I checked the Xbox Marketplace last night and it was listed at 160 ms points.

0 (0 Ratings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 6:23AM #44
Kahdir
Posts: 167

I'm glad you guys finally released some more DLC... not liking the price for such little content, but I may cave in...


How many DLCs left?

0 (0 Ratings)
If you keep campaigning.for an ass whoopin', you'll get.elected
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 9:54AM #45
Xerxes52
Posts: 107

Apr 12, 2012 -- 3:28AM, ToxicRaven wrote:


Apr 10, 2012 -- 1:57PM, V-Singular wrote:


The price is supposed to be $2.99/240 MS Points. My mistake and I've edited to reflect the changes.




I checked the Xbox Marketplace last night and it was listed at 160 ms points.





This. I only paid 160 points for it.


 


That's good though, even 160 was stretching it for vehicle textures.

0 (0 Ratings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 10:25AM #46
BrDarkshade
Posts: 11

Apr 12, 2012 -- 9:54AM, Xerxes52 wrote:


Apr 12, 2012 -- 3:28AM, ToxicRaven wrote:


Apr 10, 2012 -- 1:57PM, V-Singular wrote:


The price is supposed to be $2.99/240 MS Points. My mistake and I've edited to reflect the changes.




I checked the Xbox Marketplace last night and it was listed at 160 ms points.





This. I only paid 160 points for it.


 


That's good though, even 160 was stretching it for vehicle textures.




I never undestand why buy something that is already present in the game and should at least be unlocked by playing.


About the price:


I believe this has changed, because before was 240 points, I also saw in live.



0 (0 Ratings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 11:00AM #47
TheFitnessGuru3
Posts: 1,615

Apr 12, 2012 -- 10:25AM, BrDarkshade wrote:

I never undestand why buy something that is already present in the game and should at least be unlocked by playing.


About the price:


I believe this has changed, because before was 240 points, I also saw in live.



I don't think so. I am pretty sure that THQ has this price set and that the 160 points is a mistake. As for your point about paying anything for in-game content, I happen to agree. However, I will say this: If the price was $1.99, I would buy it just for the novelty. Of course, "only a dollar more" is not exactly a significant amount of cash, but you know what? This may sound stupid, but while I kind of think it is lame to sell re-skinned vehicles for $1.99, I would feel like a complete SUCKER if I plunked down $2.99. So, for me, this is one of those cases where it really is the principal not the money itself, because there isn't enough of a difference between $1.99 and $2.99 to be a big deal, but I would just feel like a tool if I paid the $2.99, stupid as all this may sound. :)






0 (0 Ratings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 11:10AM #48
BrDarkshade
Posts: 11

Apr 12, 2012 -- 11:00AM, TheFitnessGuru3 wrote:


Apr 12, 2012 -- 10:25AM, BrDarkshade wrote:

I never undestand why buy something that is already present in the game and should at least be unlocked by playing.


About the price:


I believe this has changed, because before was 240 points, I also saw in live.



I don't think so. I am pretty sure that THQ has this price set and that the 160 points is a mistake. As for your point about paying anything for in-game content, I happen to agree. However, I will say this: If the price was $1.99, I would buy it just for the novelty. Of course, "only a dollar more" is not exactly a significant amount of cash, but you know what? This may sound stupid, but while I kind of think it is lame to sell re-skinned vehicles for $1.99, I would feel like a complete SUCKER if I plunked down $2.99. So, for me, this is one of those cases where it really is the principal not the money itself, because there isn't enough of a difference between $1.99 and $2.99 to be a big deal, but I would just feel like a tool if I paid the $2.99, stupid as all this may sound. :)









I agree, the price is irrelevant, pay for skins that are present in the game and only change the color of vehicles already released, is throwing money away.

0 (0 Ratings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 3:00PM #49
Claude24
Posts: 519

Three re-skinned vehicles? Really people? This is what people get excited over? I swear this place is hilarious, like a zoo where all the animals are brain damaged and run their heads into the wall repeatedly. Why don't you just light your money on fire and get your kicks off watching it burn, because that's pretty much what it all boils down to.

0 (0 Ratings)
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 4:06PM #50
V-Singular
Posts: 6,522

How about we keep the personal attacks down? That's not permitted in these forums. I've removed the offending posts.

0 (0 Ratings)
Follow me on Twitter - @One_Letter (http://www.twitter.com/One_Letter)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next
Post Reply
Quick Reply
Cancel
Jump Menu:
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing