30 Things I Would Like in SR4
|2 years ago :: Jun 29 2012 - 1:18PM|
This is a pretty long list, but it is what I would like in SR4:
1. Being able to replay missions and cutscenes. How could you leave that out?!
2. Instead of there being one powerful criminal organization that is separated into 3 parts (the Syndicate), let there be 3 separate gangs that do not work together like in SR1 and SR2.
3. Make missions more fun and creative. Mix it up once in a while!
4. Have better dialogue. SR2 dialogue was so much funnier and more witty than in SR3. Enough with the corny sex jokes!
5. Have a balance between the seriousness and the funny stuff. Like in SR2.
6. If Zimos is going to be in SR4, I want him to be in more cutscenes. I love that guy!
7. Crib customization that's similar to SR2. All the cribs looked different on the inside in SR2. Why is it in SR3, the strongholds looks the same like Safeword and the Casino. Please DON'T do that in SR4.
8. Don't force us to play activities. That was frustrating.
9. Bring back some of the activities from SR2 like Fight Club and Septic Avenger. Those are WAY more fun.
10. Don't bring back Gang Operations. Those seemed pointless to me. I liked the Stronghold missions in SR2, and I would like something similar to that.
11. Hydraulics in cars, like in SR2. You can't go wrong with hydraulics!
12. Have better graphics. Some parts in SR3 looked low-res.
13. Have more melee weapons. I would love for pepper sprays and shock paddles to come back.
14. Can Shaundi be a little bit more mellow in SR4? I didn't really like her being so uptight and serious. It really didn't suit her.
15. Keep the gang customization that was in SR3. However, I would like for my gang to be able to drive in any car I want them to drive in like in SR2.
16. Keep the idea of "sub-bosses" like the brutes.
17. Bring back the different combat styles that were in SR2. One combat style is so boring.
18. Food. I don't want to die from getting shot at, so I want to be able to heal myself instead of hiding and waiting for my health to come back.
19. Please bring Johnny Gat back. How SR3 killed him off was stupid.
20. Make gang vehicles customizable like in SR2. I was disappointed that I couldn't customize Syndicate vehicles.
21. Improve co-op and multiplayer. Take out $@!**% Mode because that seemed pointless to me.
22. Make Pierce have some kind of dialogue when I call up other homies like Shaundi and Viola. How could you miss this?!
23. Tweak the player customization. If SR2 elements and SR3 elements were combined, I would be a happy camper.
24. I want to be able to tackle whatever gang I want to tackle, like in SR2. Going on a single path is so linear.
25. I want to be able to enter some buildings such as night clubs and hotels like I was able to in SR2.
26. Have some minigames like Zombie Uprising. I'm not saying that there should be a Zombie Uprising in SR4, but there should be a variety.
27. Bring back some of the diversions in SR2 like ho-ing and ambulance diversions. Those were fun.
28. It would be interesting if I can be able to go back and forth between Stilwater and Steelport. Two cities to explore could mean more fun and mayhem for me!
29. Bring Dex back. I wanna kill that sonofa...
30. Stop with the pointless DLC that involves having special homies or clothes. I want DLC that expands on the story darnit!
EDIT: 31. I can't believe you guys at THQ and Volition scrapped the auto-tune voice option. That was genius! Add it in SR4!
|2 years ago :: Jul 16 2012 - 9:13PM|
Saints row 4 is going to be in my opinion bad becuase Saints row the third was pretty bad in my opinion because they took off A LOT of stuff from Saints row and Saints row 2 and there are a lot of people who have only played Saints Row the third and have no idea that the first two were way better in gameplay and content wise so they will defend the third and that would cause the creators to make another lacking game that makes me feel like im in some kind of syfy try-to-be gangster game (gangsters in space...really?!) i hope the creators realize that the first two were amazing and they should only take they leveling up system and character customization in this one and i like your ideas by the way.
|2 years ago :: Jul 16 2012 - 9:44PM|
I agree with you. I was one of those people who played SR3 first, but after playing SR2, I finally saw
the flaws in SR3. But I do hope that both THQ and Volition will listen to what the fans and critics have
pointed out as flaws and mistakes ad not make SR4 disappointing like SR3. I believe over-the-top
gameplay is great, but the story and the activities have to be great as well. And thank you for liking
|2 years ago :: Jul 18 2012 - 1:59PM|
I agree with all those left in.
Things i would add that are a MUST for me otherwise i wont be stupid enough to buy it this time.
*Super hero, ott, "funny", celebrity, unrealistic vibe you were going for in SR3 HAS TO GO. It's all a gimmick and became tiring very quickly.
*Bigger, better customisation of gangs, cars, cribs and most importantly my player. All the hair styles in SR3 are either Anime or Beiber. Had to resort to wearing a hat.
*Please be consistent ffs. Pierce & Shaundi were COMPLETELY different characters in looks, personality, voice. They just shared the same name.
*Also i much prefered the "british voice" from SR2 to the boring one in SR3.
|2 years ago :: Jul 18 2012 - 7:56PM|
You brought up some good points.
The "celeb status" thing was interesting, but I don't think the writers really put a lot into it.
I agree with you on customization. SR3 dumbed down all aspects of customization, which is what Saints Row is all about.
Shaundi had went from being laidback to uptight, which was stupid. And Pierce, I felt he was irrelevant because he couldn't even talk to the homies.
You're right about the British voice. It was better in SR2.
|2 years ago :: Jul 26 2012 - 12:03PM|
Quite a few good points there.
Personally would like to new Saints HQ. That comes with every vehicle in Saint Colours. Maybe an HQ that has helipad, also HQ needs to be next to the water for Subs & Boats. Maybe even have an Underwater Saint base.
Also they need to axe the vehicle limit.
|2 years ago :: Jul 26 2012 - 12:08PM|
It feels too me SR3 was a reboot with better graphics but felt rushed. It's Like they rebuild SR series from ground up from a different engine almost. Hence lack of things missing from SR2. SR3 is a separate game I think they will blow out SR4 with features fans want! Bigger map, Customisation, More too do and I guess they be recasting new people to play Gat & Shaundi. I Think if they take there time SR4 could be what SR3 should have been.
|2 years ago :: Jul 27 2012 - 3:10PM|
I agree with all that except that we would be able to visit Steelport.. i F*cking hate that city it's ugly boring and bland. If they just improve Stilwater just like they did with SR2 i will be really happy with just Stilwater. and also i don't want Angel, Kenzie and Oleg back. Viola and Zimos are cool but Kenzie made the boss seem stupid and Angel is like an Emo kid and Oleg is just really big. I don't want the brutes back because they were so unrealistic and ugly, Yes a miniboss guy would be good but not a brute. AND YES!!! Drugs and food needs to return!! if GTA V comes out next year and SR4. I will probably stick to GTA V because SR3 was such a dissapointment. If they manage to bring back Stilwater and the feeling from the Second game i will buy limited edition of SR4 XD.
|2 years ago :: Jul 27 2012 - 3:13PM|
Agree!! and what happend to the Latino voice in SR3? that was my favorite voice to use in SR2 :(
|2 years ago :: Jul 27 2012 - 4:18PM|
I HATE these ideas. Maybe its because you walk around life on easy mode, but frutes are nothing but a pain in the ass that did nothing but piss me off. You like them? Get a mod. THQ, the brutes were the worst part of this game. People want brutes? Make it a DLC.
Zimos needs to be hit by a train, on a boat during a nuclear explosion that is NOT auto-tuned in space with no oxygen...actually, I want to hear his death cry. For more demeaning, have pierce kill him.
I would much rather have more people and cars than amped up graphics. I do not want constant traffic, but I should never run down a road and not see a single car. Same goes for at least 25 people.
I disagree with the autotune voice, but as long as it isnt forced I cant complain too much.